- Courses will run subject to a minimum number of participants. The Alliance française reserves the right to cancel a class (Standard class) with fewer than 8 students registered.
- Classification of classes: Standard classes consist of 8 to 16 students and Small classes consist of 5 to 9 students. Once the category of a class is decided prior to registration, it will be not changed during the term.
- Only the person registered for the class is allowed to attend, no sit-in on class or substitution by another person is allowed.
- According to the regulation of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, only Hong Kong ID card holders can register for our classes.
- No refund or make‐up class will be arranged due to absence of the student for any reasons.
- Tuition fees and class schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
- There will be no make-up or refund for classes that are cancelled due to typhoon or rainstorms. (click here for detail information).
Note: People who register online will receive a payment reference and receipt, if not, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Courses Rules and Regulations
All request must be made in written notice. No verbal notification is accepted.
Tuition fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
However, refund/class transfer application may be considered under the following circumstances:
- permanent departure before the term starts (full proof is required), a full refund may be granted (Administration fees apply). However, no partial refund is considered once the term has started.
- serious illness or hospitalization occurs before the term starts, a credit or a refund may be granted upon presentation of a medical certificate (Administration fee applied). All requests must be made before the end of the second week of the term.
- All transfers from one course to another will be considered on an individual basis. Application time for class-transfer is indicated in the STUDENT MEMO which is distributed upon registration. If the application is made within the period indicated (in STUDENT MEMO) no fee will be charged, otherwise, a HK$100 administration fee will be charged.
AFHK reserves the right to accept or reject any such application.
Students request “certificate of attendance”: must be in written form. First copy: free of charge. Extra copy: Administration fee applied.
Administration fee: HK$100
- Please bring along your course receipt on the first day of class.
- For verification purpose, our staff may require the students to provide proof of identity if necessary.
- Students should handle all equipment and facilities with care provided by AFHK, and are liable to pay for any damage caused.
- Please turn off the ringtone of your mobile phone during class. To return or answer phone call, please do so outside the classroom.
- Please look after your own belongings, AFHK will not be responsible for any loss.
- No recording, video or filming is allowed without permission.
- Lessons must be at least 1 hour.
- The AFHK will try its best to provide a teacher within 5 working days of request.
- You may need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Conditions of purchase:
- The payment is required 48 hours before the first lesson or the renewal of a package.
- All private tuition purchase is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- No lesson will be confirmed if the payment is not received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time.
Cancellations and changes:
- Failure to notify AFHK of a lesson cancelation prior to 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will result in the full fee being charged for the lesson. All notification must be done FIRST BY PHONE on 2738 2713 THEN BY E-MAIL sent to the private tuition coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations on behalf of minors must be made by their parent/s or guardian/s. All communication regarding changes or cancellation must be made FIRST BY PHONE on 2738 2713 THEN BY E-MAIL sent to the private tuition coordinator: email@example.com
- For semi-private tuition shared amongst multiple students, no split of credit will be possible once the tuition has been organised and paid for. The Alliance Française will not be held responsible for students’ changes in work commitments or personal circumstances when one student cannot attend the group tuition.
Refunds and credit notes:
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the lesson, the tuition will not be extended and no refund will be given.
- Similarly, the Alliance Française de Hong Kong cannot be held responsible for any difficulties preventing you to arrive on time for a lesson that are not directly within your control e.g. changes in work or personal circumstances or if the weather or traffic is bad;
- If serious illness or hospitalization occurs, a credit or a refund may be granted upon presentation of a medical certificate (Administration fee applied) according to AFHK discretion. All applications for a credit note or refund must be addressed to the private tuition coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation by the AFHK: In the event of the AFHK experiencing problems at the time of a scheduled lesson and we are unable to provide our regular services, we will arrange for another lesson at the earliest convenience for both student and teacher. Alternately, AFHK will charge accordingly and organise a credit note for future lessons.
AFHK makes every effort to ensure that course information supplied is correct at all times. It reserves the right to change the location of private tuition sessions, fees and tutors when necessary. All attempts will be made to notify enrolled students of changes.
AF REWARDS CARD
- Students will receive a stamp for each $1,500 spent per transaction. Spitting of bills or combination of bills is not allowed.
- Stamp will be allocated once the term has started.
- This offer doesn’t apply for the immersion programmes in France.
- 5 stamps must be collected to enjoy 10% off on the following French class tuitions fees.
- Discount only applies to French class tuitions fees.
- Discount is for single use only and the AF Rewards card must be surrendered to AFHK when redeemed.
- AF Reward card is valid for 24 months after the starting date of the first term stated on the card.
- Discount can only be redeemed within the validity period of the AF rewards card.
- In the event that AF decides to terminate this scheme, AF shall give at least one year notice by displaying the information at all AF centres, as well as on AF website
- Offer is only applicable for the student stated on the card, the discount or stamps are non transferable. Stamps have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged or redeemed in any way for cash other products, offers or discounts.
- In case of loss, a 10$ administration fee is required for replacement.
- The AF rewards card benefits cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offer, discounts, or cash coupons.
- Alliance Française de Hong Kong reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at our sole discretion, any time and without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute, Alliance Française de Hong Kong reserves the right of final decision.