- Courses will run subject to a minimum number of participants. Alliance Française de Hong Kong reserves the right to cancel
- a class (Standard class) with fewer than 8 students registered.
- Classification of classes: Standard classes connsist of 8 to 16 students and Small classes consist of 5 to 9 students. Once the category of a class is decided prior to registration, no change will be made during the term.
- No refund or make-up class will be arranged due to absence of the student for any reason.
- Tuition fees, class schedules and tutors are subject to change without prior notice.
- Only the person registered for the class is allowed to attend, no sit-in on class or substitute by another person is allowed.
- There will be no make-up or refund for classes that are cancelled due to adverse weather condition (such as typhoon nº 8 or Black rainstorm warning). Detailed information are posted on our website: https://afhongkong.org
Rules & regulations
Concessions, credits and transfers
All request must be made in writing. No verbal notification is accepted. Tuition fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
However, refund/class transfer application may be considered under the following circumstances:-
- permanent departure before the term starts (full proof is required), a full refund may be granted (Administration fees applies). However, no partial refund is considered once the term has started.
- serious illness or hospitalization occurred before the term starts, a credit or a refund may be granted upon presentation of a medical certificate (Administration fee applies). All request must be made before the end of the second week of the term .
- All transfers from one course to another will be considered on an individual basis. Application time for class-transfer is indicated in the STUDENT MEMO which is distributed upon registration. If the application is made within the period indicated (in STUDENT MEMO), no fee will be charged, otherwise, a HK$100 administration fee will be charged.
AFHK reserves the right to accept or reject any such application.
Students request “certificate of attendance”: Must be in writing. First copy free of charge. Extra copy (Administration fees applies).
Administration fees: HK$100
- On the first day of class, please bring along your receipt.
- When necessary, our staff may require the students to provide proof of identity for verification purpose.
- Only the person registered to the class is allowed to attend, no sit-in on class or substitute by another person is allowed.
- Please handle with care all the equipment and facilities provided by AFHK, you are liable to pay for any damage caused.
- Please turn off the ring tone of your mobile phone during class, to return or answer phone call, please do so outside the classroom.
- Please look after your own belongings, AFHK will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Please mind your own safety when moving around or going up and down the stairs within the premises of AFHK, AFHK cannot be held accountable for any accident due to your own negligence .
- No recording, video recording or filming is allowed without the permission of the management.
- Lessons must be at least 1 hour.
- The AFHK will try its best to provide a teacher within 5 working days of request.
- You may need to purchase textbooks or materials at an additional cost, unless otherwise specified.
Conditions of purchase:
- The payment is required 48 hours before the first lesson or the renewal of a package.
- All private tuition purchase is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- No lesson will be confirmed if the payment is not received at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time.
Cancellations and changes:
- If prior notice is given befor 24 hours, the lesson or lessons will be postponed to another day or hours, according to the availability of the centre and of the assigned tutor.
- Failure to notify AFHK of a lesson cancelation 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will result in the full fee being charged for the lesson. All notification must be done FIRST BY PHONE on 2738 2714 THEN BY E-MAIL sent to: email@example.com.
- Cancellations on behalf of minors must be made by their parent/s or guardian/s.
- For semi-private tuition shared amongst multiple students, no split of credit will be possible once the tuition has been organised and paid for. The Alliance Française will not be held responsible for students’ changes in work commitments or personal circumstances when one student cannot attend the group tuition.
Refunds and credit notes:
- If a student arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the lesson, the tuition will not be extended and no refund will be given.
- Similarly, the Alliance Française de Hong Kong cannot be held responsible for any difficulties preventing a student to arrive on time for a lesson that are not directly within the control of the student e.g. changes in work or personal circumstances or if the weather or traffic is bad.
- In case serious illness or hospitalization, a credit or a refund may be granted upon presentation of a medical certificate (Administration fee applies) according to AFHK discretion. All applications for a Letter of credit or refund must be addressed to the private tuition coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation by the AFHK: In the event of the AFHK experiencing problems at the time of a scheduled lesson and we are unable to provide our regular services, we will arrange for another lesson at the earliest convenience for both student and tutor. Alternately, AFHK will charge accordingly and organise a Letter of credit for future lessons.
AFHK makes every effort to ensure that course information provided is correct at all times. It reserves the right to change the location of private tuition sessions, fees and tutors when necessary. All attempts will be made to notify enrolled students of changes.