- Thursday September 27, 2018
Special Ciné-club in September : 3 screenings and 1 talk, every Thursday.
The final talk will wrap up our Special Ciné-club September. You will enjoy the talk more if you have watched the three films we will be screening throughout the month of September:
- September 6: Eden (2014) by Mia Hansen-Love. (Free admission - RSVP on Eventbrite)
- September 13: Struggle for life (La loi de la jungle) (2016) by Antonin Peretjatko (Free admission - RSVP on Eventbrite)
- September 20: Raw (Grave) (2017) by Julia Ducourneau (Free admission - RSVP on Eventbrite)
- September 27: Final talk : The new French cinema by Jean-Baptiste Larramendy. (Pay online)
In this talk (Thursday 27th September), we will discuss the greatest merits of new French cinema, which often goes unnoticed in the eyes of the general public. This type of cinema encompasses a wide range of genres - from comedy to horror films - all with remarkable energy. The objects on screen come to life as these films hover between a trend to follow the codes of the genre and a will to go beyond them. They provide us with an opportunity to reflect on the art of cinema and focus on the notion of authorship in contemporary cinema.
The three screenings are free. Only the final talk has a fee.
The last talk will be conducted in English. Participants will enjoy some refreshments.
Participants must be aged of 18 or above.