- 2 cinemas in HK!
- Saturday January 5, 2019 - Friday January 25, 2019
- 19:00 - 20:00
- In French with Chinese & English subtitles
The French Film Festival comes back in January with the Retrospective!
From its inception, cinema has been giving to music a leading role. Enhancing a dramatic effect or creating a fearful atmosphere, the soundtrack is instrumental to contribute to the success of a movie.
Through a selection of ten French movies from the 40s to nowadays, the Hong Kong French Film Festival 2018 pays tribute to the greatest French film music composers.
Special events :
- 4/01 : Meeting With Alexandre Desplat Event Cancellation
Due to a short-term medical condition, Alexandre Desplat has unfortunately had to withdraw from “The Oscar Maestro: Alexandre Desplat” concerts on 4 & 5 January 2019. Hence, the concerts and the “Meeting With Alexandre Desplat” special event will be cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We wish Maestro Desplat a speedy recovery.
- 18/01 : A look at the use of music in Hong Kong Films, a talk by Arnaud Lanuque. More information here.
- 19/01 : Film Scoring Master Class with Serge FRANKLIN, composer of Day of Atonement (Le Grand Pardon). More information here.
Retrospective: Cinema & Music : A Tribute to the Music Composers: 05/01 - 25/01/2019
Sacem : Special Partner of the Retrospective
SACEM (Society of Authors, Composers and Publishers of Music) is a non-profit non-trading entity owned and managed by its members according to the business model of a cooperative.
To guarantee authors’ intellectual property rights over their works, SACEM collects and distributes royalties, thereby playing a crucial economic role to preserve music.
To know more about Sacem click here and watch the video below :