- HK$231 for AF cardholders
- Levain Bakery, PMQ Block B, Unit H105 PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central
- Thursday September 28, 2017
- 18:30 - 21:30
- In English
Discover the secrets of the traditional French baguette!
Baguette can be seen as one of the symbol of France, the cornerstone of every French meal!
Let’s learn more what's behind this long and thin loaf of French bread! You will discover the baker’s secrets of creating the perfect Baguette with a live demonstration.
- Introduction and brief overview of baguettes and differences between types of flour
- Baguette making demonstration:
- Explanation of the differences between European flours
- History of baguettes and the types of baguettes available in France
- Importance of baguettes to French culture and the less-known ways breads are used.
- Tasting and comparison with other types of locally available baguettes.
- Light refreshments and softs
- Baguettes tasting
- a take home baguette
- 20% discount on the bakery the day of the workshop
About Levain Bakery:
Established in 2009, Levain Bakery aims to prompt the interest in artisan bread in Hong Kong by producing premium quality breads and pastries. Among the breads we make are baguettes, sourdoughs, pan breads, brioche and croissants. We also make a range of traditional European desserts and serve sandwiches, desserts and coffee at our café branch.
Over the years, we have established ourselves as a specialist of European artisanal breads and we want to share our knowledge with Hong Kongers. We are also one of the few bakeries in Hong Kong using only Grands Moulins des Paris flour in many of our products.
Terms and conditions
12 people maximum. Workshop filled on a first come first served basis. Seats are limited, it is highly recommended to book in advance.